The huge information potential of Papercast interactive displays
Do you remember the days when passenger information at bus stops was impossible to decipher? Confronted by a mindboggling collection of timetables and schedules, you eventually turn to another waiting traveller to ask them if they know when the next bus is due or if they have seen the 12X go past already! Remember those days?
Next came LED dynamic bus arrival displays. For the first time, passengers were able to see the next three buses and their estimated arrival times.
While this was a significant first step in providing real-time arrival information, these systems are now considered to be quite restrictive and old fashioned:
- They require mains power
- There is a limit to the number of services you can display
- There is a limit to the level of detail you can show
- You can not show any visual/graphical information
- Paper timetables and schedules are still required
- Few systems offer audio for visually impaired travellers
- There is no means of interacting with passenger information
Next came LCD displays, which are expensive, power-hungry and only feasible at locations with access to mains power.
Thankfully, things are changing!
Breaking the limits of bus stop passenger information
When it comes to bus stops that don’t have access to mains power, Papercast’s e-paper displays provide the perfect solution. Firstly, the technology is incredibly energy efficient and can be 100% solar powered. But when it comes to content, the displays can show absolutely anything and everything (even video).
And you don’t need to compromise, because earlier this year we extended our interactive features an as option across our entire range. This means you can choose a configuration with a display area that suits you and multiply your content potential by four with the addition of interactive buttons. This allows the user to browse four screens of content.
The question is: why go interactive and what would you do with this potential?
Why multiply your content potential and what to do with it?
Here’s just five reasons that the interactive displays will help you:
- Give your passengers a more personal, immersive and informative experience
- Provide a more inclusive service for partially sighted customers and tourists
- Simplify the bus stop and completely remove paper content
- Promote new initiatives, schemes and services
- Secure advertising revenues from local service providers
Here are ten ways you could maximise the value of your Papercast display:
- Next bus estimated arrival times with live service disruptions
- Next bus arrival times in other languages
- Maps with live bus positions
- Schedules showing timetable data
- Route schemes and interchange points
- Fares, purchasing options and promotions
- Future travel, service and event announcements
- Contact information and emergency help
- Obtain satisfaction feedback and polls
- Information and advertising on local services
These are just a few of the many ways you can increase the potential of your bus stop displays, giving you complete control over keeping your customers informed and engaging with them at the bus stop.
And it’s easier than you would think. The content can be effortlessly set-up and managed in our market-leading Content Management System.
We are working on touch screen options as well, so watch this space!
Get in contact with us to find how our new optional interactive functionality can benefit you.